The human and material resources
The human and material resources for winter highway administration and the preservation of the access roads will cost approximately 1.6 million euros over the next two years, which is to be equally financed by both regions.
Staff and staff organisation
The technical team will be formed by a chief of operations (working part time) and a general supervisor (full time). The two technicians are responsible for carrying out all the activities to coordinate preservation operations, inspections, and reports.
The Consortium also employs a full-time electrician, who is responsible for the correct functioning of the electrical and electronic equipment in the tunnel, in addition to a second support technician for the planning of periodic preventive tasks, monitoring the work and writing work reports.
This team is responsible for inspecting and cleaning the electrical and electronic equipment, regulatory inspections, maintenance and repairs in conjunction with the maintenance companies.
For winter highway administration, from 1 November to 30 April, there will be a team of 10 agents, all holding type C driving licences, distributed in the following manner:
- From 1 December to 30 March, the agents will work 8-hour shifts in such a way as to ensure two drivers, 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
- From 1 to 30 November and from 1 to 30 April the same team will carry out preservation work.
In short, from 1 to 30 November, given that it is not a high-risk period, the 10 workers will prepare for the arrival of the winter period. Similarly, from 1 to 30 April, the same team of 10 agents will prepare for the arrival of summer.
With regard to machinery, the following resources are available:
All year round:
- Two all-terrain long box vehicles and a van for the agents
- A JCB for preservation work
- A loader
- A tow-truck (in winter it also serves as a snow plough).
- Two snow ploughs with dissolvent tanks, salt spreaders and wedges.
- The loader will be equipped with a special tool for snow.
This distribution of resources has been designed to adapt to the real needs of the service.